Doctor of Philosophy is a program that research by thesis under the supervision of experienced members of academic staff or a supervisory panel. This program produces scholar and educational researchers who can analyze, synthesize knowledge critically and analytically and solve problems based on research ethical inquiry. Thus, they can serve their professional expertise in scholarly discourse and disseminate knowledge, teaching, training, or facilitating in all levels of education.
|PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES|
|PEO 1||To produce educational and school professionals who are able to synthesize knowledge critically and analystically in line with the National Education Philosophy and the Teacher Education Philosophy for the well-being of society and national development|
|PEO 2||To produce educational and school professionals who are able to analyze, synthesize and solve problems based on research ethical inquiry.|
|PEO 3||To participate in scholarly discourse and disseminate knowledge and research findings through publications and conferences in all level of education|
|PEO 4||To serve as a role model in his profession through education in teaching, training or facilitating.|
|PEO 5||To demonstrate the ability to produce knowledge and research initiatives through lifelong learning practices and contributions to society as a whole.|
|PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOME|
|PLO 1||Apply general and specific knowledge to address challenges in educational fields and schools.|
|PLO 2||Adapt analytical and critical thinking skills to solve complex problems and make decisions in educational fields and school.|
|PLO 3||Demonstrates ability as an educational and school researcher as well as technical skills to handle and supervise research projects.|
|PLO 4||Practice planning and supervisory skills through group collaboration in the implementation of educational and school projects / programs.|
|PLO 5||Utilize communication skills through academic discussion and writing using ICT and linguistic style to convey ideas in educational field and school.|
|PLO 6||Adapt numeracy skills in educational field and school through effective approaches, methods and strategies.|
|PLO 7||Lead the education sector and school with effective leadership skills and mind set.|
|PLO 8||Strengthen lifelong learning for self-development|
|PLO 9||Produce educational and school researchers who develop general knowledge and potential as well as individual talents.|
|PLO 10||Cultivate positive and ethical values in the education and school profession for the development of the education sector in meeting social, cultural and global environmental needs.|
LIST OF COURSES
1. Research Methodology in Education (PBE 10000)
2. Research (PBP 10090)
Master's Degree with Honors from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia or from any institution of higher learning recognized by the UTHM Senate or other qualification equivalent to a Master's degree with experience in a related field recognized by the UTHM Senate Or First class Bachelor's Degree from the University recognized by the UTHM Senate.
• Minimum CPA is 3.00, AND
• Master's Degree from UTHM or from any institution of higher learning recognized by the Senate, OR
• Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s Degree and having other qualifications or experience recognized by the Senate, AND
• The minimum English language qualification requirement is MUET Band 3 or TOEFL 500 marks or IELTS level 5.0 or equivalent for overseas student candidates.
• International applicants who meet the academic requirements from a local Institution of Higher Learning recognized by the UTHM Senate can also be considered for exemption from the English language entry qualification requirement.
• International applicants who do not meet the minimum English language qualification requirements but have graduated from a university from English Speaking Countries may also be considered for exemption from the English language entry qualification requirement.
Minimum 6 Semesters (3 Years)
Minimum 8 Semesters (4 Years)
Doctor of Philosophy in Education (PBP) is recognized by Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) (MQA/FA1539).